The Central Ministry of Health has announced an advisory for a potential heatwave from March to May. A list of what to do and what not to do has been compiled for the first time since the first heat warning was issued for 2023 by the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
If you do not feel thirsty, keep drinking enough water
The Ministry of Health has issued a guideline under the National Action Plan on Heat Related Illness. Officials have told the Indians to drink enough water whenever possible even if they do not feel thirsty. In addition, citizens are asked to use oral rehydration solution ( ORS ) and drink homemade drinks such as lemonade, buttermilk / lassi, a little salt mixed with fruit juice.
The ministry gave such advice to the people
Umbrellas, hats when the ministry comes in contact with thin, loose, cotton clothes, light colored clothes and direct sunlight
It is also advisable to use towels and other traditional head cover. The government has asked people to listen to the radio, read the newspapers and watch TV for local weather news. It also mentioned that people can also track the website of the Indian Meteorological Department.
Stop direct sunlight and heat waves coming into the house
The health ministry's advisory said people should stay indoors in well-ventilated and cold places. Stop direct sunlight and heat waves coming into the house. Keep windows and curtains closed during the day, especially in the sunshine part of your home. But open it at night so that the cold air can come inside.
Keep outdoor activity limited to morning-evening
The center's advisory states, "If you go out, limit your outdoor activity to cold times of the day, i.e. morning and evening. The health ministry told people to avoid getting out in the sun, especially between 12:00 and 3:00 p.m. The center said in its advisory, "Make a careful meal at home when the heatwave is on par with the summer.
Keep doors and windows open to give enough air to the cooking part. Avoid taking alcohol, tea, coffee and carbonated soft drinks or large-scale sugary drinks as they actually damage excess body fluids or can cause stomach strain.
High protein foods and stale foods should not be eaten
People are advised to avoid high protein foods and stale foods. According to the advisory, 'Do not leave children or pets in a parked vehicle. The government has said that if the body temperature is high, or in the case of Bebhan, an immediate call should be made on 108/102.
Weather Department heatwave forecast
Meanwhile, the Indian Meteorological Department has forecast a heatwave. Mercury will rise in the next day and so people need to be careful. Mercury could rise above 40 degrees this summer.
Eliminate extra sources of heat
Incandescent light bulbs can generate unnecessary heat, as can computers or applians left running. It doesn't matter if you want to use the oven or move to prepare.
Lou escape measures
The hot wind blowing in the summer is called Lou. Living in the constant sun, Lou is facing the problem of heat stroke. Still, when winter is over, people have to save the cold in the morning and at night and the double-edged season with the hot summer air in the afternoon, Otherwise a sudden rising temperature can prove fatal to health, as there is a fatal loo similar to other serious illnesses and viruses, which raises the body temperature sharply. According to a survey, many people die each year from Luna.
Loo escape measures
- Home remedies like no below can be done for measures to avoid loo.
- On hot days, hungry feet should not go out at all. Energy levels in the body are rapidly reduced due to increasing the likelihood of lou.
- If you are in a cold place in an AC or cooler and suddenly have to go out and not go to a hot place immediately, it can cause loo problems.
- Drink the water needed for the body all day on hot days so that the amount of water in the body does not decrease.
- By mistake it should come from outside and not drink direct water. Let the body adapt to the atmosphere for a while. Then drink water and drink very cold water.
- Cold water should not be drunk immediately when the body is sweating too much, which can prove dangerous.
- In addition to the need for seasonal fruits such as mango lychee watermelon, mosambi etc., it should be taken to drink dahi, mahni, buttermilk, lassi, mango syrup etc.
- Mild meals should be done in a way that is easily digested on hot days but that does not mean that you should close the diet. Mild meals also need to be eaten on a stomach basis.
- You can also make and drink vegetable juices or soups that can also be avoided.
- A lap of raw mango should be applied to the body to avoid it after licking the lush according to the grandmother's household nuskha.
- Carrie's gottle can also be rubbed and massaged at the bottom of the foot to avoid loo.
- If the heat is ingrained in the body, it is relieved to mix the chickpea flour in the water and apply it to the adai space.
- Mixing cumin and cloves powder in mint syrup protects from loo.
- Throwing ice in the condition protects from loo.
- Mild foods should be used during heating times. Excessive spicy foods should be avoided.
- When you go out of the house you should wear full sleeved cotton and light colored clothes instead of synthetic clothes.